We offer a free drop-in service for all job seekers every Monday between 10am and 1pm. No appointment necessary (Closed Bank Holidays).
The Salvation Army has been actively involved in employment and employability services since we opened the first Labour Exchange in 1890, some 20 years before the UK government.
Still a major provider of employment services, The Salvation Army is currently rolling out the opening of Employment Plus Local centres; a local employment resources service for the local community. The opening of Employment Plus Local in Cheltenham launched back in April of 2013.
What is Employment Plus Local?
Employment Plus Local is a supported environment where unemployed people can find information and guidance on their journey into work. It is set up with computers, internet access and job search resources. The Employment Plus Local in Cheltenham is based at and provided by The Salvation Army Community Church in Bath Road. Get directions »
What does it offer?
- Employability support.
- A point of reference and an address for homeless jobseekers.
- Advice and guidance sessions to service users in partnership with Jobcentre Plus Advisors and other local employment /training providers.
- Use of resources such as; computer, internet, and telephone.
- One to one support or group support.
- Access to E-Learning Courses.
- A friendly, warm, relaxed atmosphere.
- A ‘no strings attached’ listening ear.
- Specific support, training, and mentoring will be provided in such skills as…
- Basic computer and internet use for those who require it.
- CV writing.
- Interview skills and mock interviews.
- Job searching.
- Free, Independent, and Confidential.